Tag Archives: Recipe
Snickerdoodle Coffee Mix
- ½ cup sugar ½ cup powdered milk
- ¼ cup powdered non-dairy creamer
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- ¼ teaspoon allspice 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Combine all of the ingredients together. Store in an airtight container.
- Add 3 tablespoons of mix to ¾ cup boiling water.
- Stir and enjoy.
PB and Honey Granola Wraps
- 1 oz nut butter of choice
- 1 T honey (1 packet)
- 2 T granola of choice
- 1 large flour tortilla
- Pack the granola in a small bag and tuck in with your other food items
On the trail
- Spread the nut butter on the tortilla, drizzle the honey on to.
- Sprinkle with the granola and roll up.
- You can often find the nut butters and honey in single serving packs for no mess packing.
Muffins on the Go
Make these the night before a ride, and enjoy during your rest stops.
- 2 cups almond flour
- 4 large eggs
- 2 packets of energy gels (use your favorite flavor)
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Optional: Add some berries or nuts
- In a medium bowl, combine almond flour and baking soda.
- In a large bowl combine eggs, energy gels and vinegar.
- Stir dry ingredients into wet, mixing until combined.
- Scoop batter into lined muffin pan.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes, until slightly browned around the edges.
- Cool in the pan for ½ hour.
- These muffins are made with just 5 ingredients and contain about 9 grams of protein per serving.
- The muffins are easy to make and are great to grab while you are on the go.
- Your favorite energy gel can be used as a replacement for the sugar listed in this recipe.
Double Peanut Noodles
Totally Awesome Noodles!
- 6 oz small pasta shapes (less than 7 min. cooking time)
- 1 T diced dried shallots or onions
- 3⁄8 t red pepper flakes
- 3 1⁄2 oz pouch chicken breast
- 1 pkt justin's peanut butter
- 1⁄2 T lower sodium soy sauce
- 1 t sesame oil
- 1 T rice vinegar
- 1 T chopped peanuts
- 2 1⁄2 c water
- At home;
- Pack the pasta, shallots and red pepper flakes in a large zip top bag.
- In a leak-proof bottle put the soy sauce, sesame oil and vinegar.
- Pack the chicken and peanut butter packets with everything.
- In camp;
- Bring 4 cups of the water to a boil in a 2 Liter pot, add in the pasta bag and cook for time on pasta package. Drain carefully.
- Meanwhile, in a new sandwich bag or a clean mug add 1-cup cool water to the peanut butter along withe sauce ingredients.
- Seal tightly and shake until mixed up or stir till blended with a spoon.
- Toss the hot pasta with the sauce; add in the chicken and the nuts.
- Heat over low heat till just bubbling.
This recipe is featured on Justin's Nut Butter website, scan down to "Recipes" to see it
- You can use Justin's Almond Butter for a different take and substitute diced toasted almonds.